Lunch lady@ho chi Minh

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Lunch lady@ho chi Minh

Postby avonord » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:42 pm

Anyone ever visited this noodle stall featured on Anthony Bourdain's and others food shows? Is it all hype or is it really as good as they say?

http://gastronomyblog.com/2008/08/09/me ... unch-lady/
avonord
User Rank: Nomad

Re: Lunch lady@ho chi Minh

Postby michelle808 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:42 pm

Hey there. Check out tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Re ... _City.html

There are alot of reviews about the Lunch Lady. I'm making a trip back to Vietnam & I'll probably check it out as well.

Cheers,
Michelle
michelle808
User Rank: Traveller

Postby avonord » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:52 am

Thanks.. The reviews seem mostly good. I'm joining the AVEV tour this July, and I am hoping there's free time for us to have an early lunch there
avonord

Postby spirella » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:16 am

I am also planning on going to Vietnam this Summer on July 2nd. IT's the 10-day Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh. Which one are you going on??

Nicki
spirella
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby avonord » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:28 am

spirella wrote:I am also planning on going to Vietnam this Summer on July 2nd. IT's the 10-day Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh. Which one are you going on??

Nicki

I'm going to the July 16 Essential Cambodia and Vietnam (AVEV). I wanted to go earlier in July too, but I couldn't find a cheap flight ticket. Now I have ended up with a South Korean flight (one of top 10 most dangerous airline????) in mid July. Here's hoping Pyongyang doesn't do anything stupid, if ever, until after my trip...
avonord

Postby michelle808 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:43 pm

Are you flying with Korean Air or Asiana Airlines? I would do your research first rather than stating their the most dangerous airlines. I have flown with both & researched both, I would get your facts straight before making fear statements. South Korea is an awesome country despite continuously getting mixed up with the North getting all up in everyone's shiz. Korean Air flight# 007, was shot down actually by the Russian's because they were trigger happy thinking that is was the American's. In no way is the incidents on their record due to inexperience, but either power trippin/trigger happy weirdo's or weather conditions that were beyond control. South Korea is far more advanced & awesome beyond words, besides the fact they have the fastest internet in the world. Don't knock it until you've been there. Have an awesome trip!

Cheers,
Michelle
michelle808

Postby avonord » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:12 pm

I'm flying korean airline. And I've flown with them many years ago, with no issues.

It's just that i read the following article a month ago:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-worl ... nes-2013-1

But of course, it also states, "The results do not account for the cause of hull losses or whether the airline is at fault, so they are an imperfect measure of safety."

So, in terms of safety, it probably means nothing. But kinda funny (and makes for good conversation) that I'm flying an airline deemed as one of the worlds' most dangerous by a study.
avonord

Return to Asia