China money

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

China money

Postby returningwanderer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi all

I am travelling to China from the UK in a couple of weeks. Was just wondering what the best thing to do regarding money in China? Is it best to get beforehand or shall I just use ATMs or takes USD and exchange these?
returningwanderer
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: China money

Postby kiwikoalabaer77 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:12 am

I have been to China twice last year (after a first trip to China in 2010). You'll find ATMs (almost) everywhere in in the country, so I would not take to much cash money with me. When travelling I always only take about 200 to 300 US-Dollars cash with me and never had any problems. There are a few countries where you might need more cash money, Burma, for example, but in China you'll be fine with one or two credit cards.

Stories and photos from my travels: http://www.travellingcolognian.com/
kiwikoalabaer77
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Re: China money

Postby pr1me » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:37 am

Hi all,

I'm wondering how much USD and CYN I should take with me in cash when I go on the Wild China tour. I see you've mentioned that 300 USD should be enough, so how much CYN would you then take with?
Or can you pay with USD everywhere you go?

Kind regards,
Dario
pr1me

Return to Asia