Saving Photos

Share your travel stories, photos and blog links here.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Re: Saving Photos

Postby Antonia » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:50 am

Hi

I'm going to South America for 5 months and am having similar photo-saving issues! I take loads of photos and don't really want to have to buy lots of memory cards so I could really do with something to back up my photos on that doesn't need to go through a computer. The Wolverine thing mentioned in an earlier post sounds ideal but does anyone know if it would work ok with UK voltage / memory cards etc? Don't want to order one and then have problems! Also, is it easy to use? (I'm pretty useless technology-wise!)

Also, if you guys have any other suggestions for people based in the UK that'd be cool. I thought about using an ipod but the guy in the computer shop said that would only work if the computer you use has the itunes software downloaded on it and I'm assuming a lot of internet cafes in South America wouldn't?

Thanks!
Antonia
Antonia
Antonia
User Rank: Traveller

Postby karenackermann » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:59 am

Another vote for the Wolverine. We are a family that just returned from Ecuador and galapagos with 20gig of pictures and movies from three cameras. We downloaded quickly after each day and never had to worry about running out of memory. Our only problem now is sorting through all the pictures!
karenackermann

Postby anonymoose » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:58 pm

I used my Wolverine in London and Edinburgh and had no problems with voltage. Just double check the voltage range on your charger if you're worried.
anonymoose
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Previous

Return to Travel Tales, Photography & Blogs