your ultimate adventure?

Share your travel stories, photos and blog links here.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Postby retireme » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:52 pm

ha - the best places have the worst diseases, i like that. true i think, if you consider the best places to be the most untouced or remote places!

i have heard there are some jungle parts of the pacific say borneo or fiji that have barely been visited at all still?

it would be interesting to visit such places and dsicover a new animal or plant, i always am jealous of those scientists and researchers that 'discover' something new on earth when so much else is being lost and destroyed.
retireme
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Postby JaliscoJudy » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:56 pm

Hmmm. Interesting question. Thre are so many places that I haven't been that it is hard to choose just one, but the place that has captured my imagination for a long time is Madagascar. I want to see the wildlife there and be a part of creating an economy based on protecting instead of exploiting what's left of the amazing flora and fauna. Lemurs. I want to see lemurs.
JaliscoJudy

Postby devakiani » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:30 pm

for me it would be afghanistan hands down. my bf is from there and its kinda hard to hear his wonderful stories and see the breathe-taking photos and know that i currently cannot go there since im 'so white' haha that being said i just want to be able to go there and see his past life and eventually buy land there =] hopefully before i have kids... i yearn for that day when i can safely go...
devakiani
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby ballu » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:51 pm

Good choice, hopefully one day GAP will be able to run adventures there :) I was on a tour recently and 2 of the people were in their 60's. They had been backpacking for years and were able to do Afghanistan before all the wars started. They said it was amazing...
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Previous

Return to Travel Tales, Photography & Blogs