Blogs/Pictures...recommendations :)

Share your travel stories, photos and blog links here.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Blogs/Pictures...recommendations :)

Postby Ildi » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:52 am

What are the top blog sites people recommend? I was hoping to find something where i can upload 3 months worth of pictures as well for backup purposes but also for friends/family to see. Recommendations?
I was hoping for something simple that ppl can access (only friends/family)
Work to live, don't live to work.
Ildi
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby Sierra_Travels » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:40 am

Flickr.com - it's not really a blog, but a picture sharing site. But you can write a ton of info on each picture and even add callout notes.

You can set the access via 'invites only' or 'family' or 'friends'. Very easy to use and navigate. And, easy to share pictures and make them into things!
Life's a journey. Get lost along the way.
meryddiansjourneys.blogspot.com
Sierra_Travels
User Rank: Nomad

Postby eewles » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:15 pm

I've used webshots for both my trips. I think if you get the free account, you can only load 1000 pics right off the bat, then they let you load another 200 a month or something weird like that. I just have a different account for each of my trips to make it easier with quickly recognizable names like emilyinafrica and emilyinnepal. I've used the site for years and like it.
eewles

Postby Redhead Wanderer » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:21 pm

I use Flickr as well. Flickr is linked to your Yahoo account, and Yahoo offers free travel blogs/trip planners. So you can set up a trip on Yahoo then add photos from your Flickr account to your trip album, and insert them into the blog. Users can also view the photos as a slideshow and all that fun stuff from the Yahoo site.
Redhead Wanderer
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby thetravelingbee » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:31 pm

There are two that I've found which are so far my favorite. One is http://www.travelblog.org and the other is http://www.travelpod.com. There are things I like and dislike about both. For example, one of the downsides to Travel Blog is that it's privately operated so there's always a danger that it could stop being supported. Travel Pod had a little more time out there and is a little more stable, I think. I also prefer Travel Pod's address book/email update feature. Just my two cents!

Oh, and on a sidenote, Travel Pod offers the "private" blog function which would be great for your limiting access to just family and friends.
thetravelingbee
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby questlove » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:21 pm

i use Picasa web albums and link them directly to my blog. Picasa is a great little google app for photo stuff. Plus the web albums allow you to link directly to pictures/albums while keeping them out of the public domain. All the pictures on my blog (blogger) are directly referenced to a picasa web album & it's been working well for me.
questlove
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Return to Travel Tales, Photography & Blogs