Everest Adventure Oct. '07 pictures

Share your travel stories, photos and blog links here.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Everest Adventure Oct. '07 pictures

Postby eewles » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:35 pm

Here's a link to my online album for my trip to Base Camp. There's a lot in there and I'm not the best photographer, but the views were impressive along the way. Now I just need to plan when to go back....

Emily

http://travel.webshots.com/album/561142596MAZzXU
eewles
User Rank: Nomad

Postby KathleenB » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:11 pm

Hey Emily...

I was wanting to do the Everest Base Camp tour, but can't decide if I should do the GAP Adventures tour or the Gecko Tour.
I need someone to rave enough about either one to help me decide..
Can you help...??!?!

Kath
KathleenB
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Everest Adventure Oct. '07 pictures

Postby Irishlad72 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:49 am

eewles wrote:Here's a link to my online album for my trip to Base Camp. There's a lot in there and I'm not the best photographer, but the views were impressive along the way. Now I just need to plan when to go back....

Emily

http://travel.webshots.com/album/561142596MAZzXU

ur pics look great. How hard was the trek?
Irishlad72
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby eewles » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:19 am

Hi Kath,

The Everest Adventure tour with GAP was really amazing! I'm still talking to most of the people I met on that trip, and everyone feels the same way and is dying to go back. The scenery is beautiful and the people are amazing. Our tour guide was great, and would always tell us jokes or sing songs and that while he hung out with us slow people at the back of the pack. The lodging conditions were pretty good considering where we were. I mean, the toilets are pretty gross and we all only bothered to shower every few days, but that seems to be the norm up there. The pace we went at seems pretty reasonable, and there was always our guide or Sherpa at the back with the stragglers (usually me). Being able to go into the Buddhist Temple in Tengboche was amazing, a once in a lifetime experience. Kathmandu was a great city and we had a ton of fun there our last night....if only I could remember the names of the places we were to suggest them. Although I can say that the Roadhouse had the best pizza ever.

As for how hard it was....I can say that I wish I had trained a little more to get in shape for it, but I still managed it pretty good. There were a couple days (going into Namchee....) where I was pretty sick and kind of wanted to lie down and give up if we didn't make it to where we were going soon, but that was only because I was sick. The days would often be hard and uphill, but nothing that I couldn't handle at a nice slow pace. Most of my group were awesome though and had no problems on the trail.

All in all, I would definitely do this trip again. Sooner rather then later I hope...
eewles

Return to Travel Tales, Photography & Blogs