Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Bay Islands - Volcano Trail

Share your travel stories, photos and blog links here.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Bay Islands - Volcano Trail

Postby Doggirl » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:11 pm

I traveled on the Volcano Trail trip during late April - May 2007.

I've put some pictures on blogs.
Costa Rica - http://www.lstark-costarica.blogspot.com;
Nicaragua - http://www.lstark-nicaragua.blogspot.com;
and Bay Islands of Honduras - http://www.lstark-centralamerica.blogspot.com.

Be sure to hit "Older Posts" at the bottom of the page to see more photos. There are about 15 photos per site.

If you've got any questions about this trip, let me know.

Happy travels to you!
Doggirl
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Bay Islands - Volcano Trail

Postby Alpine_Resort » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:39 am

Hello Doggirl;
I'm hoping to go on the Volcano trail in January. We're thinking of spending a few extra days in San Jose and then 5-7 days after in Antigua. Do you have any advice on what do in either place?
After doing this trip yourself do you have any advice for me? Anything you'd bring, not bring, do differently or are especially glad you did?
Thanks!
Jodi
Jodi from rural Ontario, Canada
Alpine_Resort
User Rank: Nomad

Postby missfcw » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:32 pm

Hi! I did volcano trail as part of the central american journey this summer, but in reverse. is SO much fun!!
Didn't see much of San Jose and by many accounts a few extra days there aren't so special.. but Antigua is nice, definitely enjoy time there.
Costa Rica was so much fun for me- don't know what the weather will be like, if different, but recommend the white water rafting + canyoneering at La Fortuna, ziplining in Monteverde too is a must do! La fortuna volcano is worth the trip, but the hike up concepcion on Ometepe I would warn as being for the hardcore after some of our group did it!!! (there's another there too, but none of our group did it). The volcano in Antigua is not a bad hike (easy if you're a hiker, bearable if you're, well, like me!) but I don't think there was time for that as such on volcano trail itself, we did it on the other part, as it were, so you could do that on your extra days. If you dive, do it in utila, i regret not. A tour we did in Granada was def worth it, especially if you got our tour guide. It was a full day thing, round little villages + up to volcano, good stuff.
Er i'm sure there was more... but enjoy! It is so much fun!
missfcw
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby Alpine_Resort » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:12 pm

Thanks Missfcw;
I'm going on the Central America Journey (San Jose - Cancun) in February
What level of white water rafting did you do? Have you done it before? We're thinking of rafting the Pacuare out of San Jose but we're beginners so I'm wondering if it's appropriate. I know San Jose isn't pretty but there's so much to do FROM there.
Do you know if anyplace along the way has a photography shop that will burn photos to cd or dvd for you? If so, what did they charge?
Jodi from rural Ontario, Canada
Alpine_Resort

Return to Travel Tales, Photography & Blogs