Visiting Buddhist Centres.

Share your travel stories, photos and blog links here.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Visiting Buddhist Centres.

Postby jimshu » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:00 pm

Just back from exploring the Kimberly region of Western Australia, and this stands out as a highlight of our adventure.
Anyone had anything like this happen?
We visited a Buddhist Sanctuary in Broome, W.A. just a few days ago.

cablebeachclub.com/THERESORT/…Default.aspx
There's a curious energy about the place.A member of our convoy took us there on our last day.As we walked up my senses picked up a strong presence or energy, and while the others walked in with their shoes on, there was no way I could walk in without removing them.We've visited many temples, shrines etc in our travels but I have never experienced this.There was something I can only describe as a welcoming 'wall' of energy at the door.Then as we walked into the courtyard and approached the statue, my fingers started tingling.That spread to my hands, then all through my arms.They felt warm, and full of pulsing energy.Gee I was just not prepared for that.I asked our lady guide to feel my hands and when she did, hers felt in comparison to be icy cold.Weird feeling.
She's mixed race descent (Aboriginal/European) and quite intuitive.And told me I was receiving the energy of the place.It was strongest up by the statue where my arms felt warm and pulsing..
So she said to have a talk with the lady that looks after the centre.And she said it was nothing unusual as many experience it.Some so strong they cry.But apparently the spiritual leader had recently revisited the centre to 'recharge' the place.
It's something I was quite unprepared for.But they have links with sites back in NZ so may go seek it out and see where it takes me, being better psychologically prepared.It was a wonderful feeling as if my hands and arms were charging with energy.
And now everytime I think about it, some of that comes back.
LEAD WITH SERVICE
Our passion for travel is rivaled only by our commitment to those we serve
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

jimshu

Re: Visiting Bhuddist Centres.

Postby Zuleika » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:34 pm

wow - Jim - that sounds amazing. I love the Buddhist religion and would like to know more about it having been touched by it in so many countries that I have been to. The sense I have had of it already would be that if I were to embrace any religion that would be it, for its calm and peaceful nature.
Maybe you are already there!
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby jimshu » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:07 pm

Yeah, kind of weird but then again,I've experienced many strange things.But this was totally unexpected.While the other 2 walked through the entry, somehow I couldn't , until I had removed my shoes.I wonder in places like that, shoes may stop you feeling any energy flowing through you.Kind of insulates you.Stops the flow.
And yes, like you,it's the type of philosophy/way of life that appeals.
I'm intrigued by the experience so would like to delve into it a bit more.Would like to know what others think.
Someone said it's just imagination.But I'm thinking that sure it may just be that imagination is the key to being receptive to these influences.
LEAD WITH SERVICE

jimshu

Postby jimshu » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:13 pm

http://www.cablebeachclub.com/THERESORT ... fault.aspx
Here's the link again as the one I posted doesn't work.
LEAD WITH SERVICE

jimshu

Return to Travel Tales, Photography & Blogs