Hotel near Bangkok

Share traveling tips with other travellers.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Hotel near Bangkok

Postby maya80 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:00 pm

I need help!

I'm trying to book hotel in Bangkok with good Wifi, clean, close to train station (connection with airport), where I could stay 2 days and be able to enjoy my time.... any suggestion, please???

thank you
maya80
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Hotel near Bangkok

Postby agaden_reach » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi!
Not sure if this post will help, because it's a hostel, but you can get private rooms if you want :). I'm staying at Lub D - Siam Square for the night before and after my trip and it seems to tick those boxes. Free wifi (not sure how good it is, but I haven't seen anyone complain in forums, everyone recommends it). And the best part is location. It's about 200m to BTS National Stadium Station and the main shopping centres (might as well use up all my baht before heading home :wink:)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... ngkok.html
agaden_reach
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby traveltrevor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:23 am

Hi Maya!
It would be helpful when you would also post your budget - you want to stay in a Sheraton-style hotel or in a small B&B?
Bangkok is an interesting and vivid city, but also a little bit dangerous - a friend of mine was there and got in some trouble with the police. However, his hotel was nice - he stayed in the Anantara Bangkok Sathorn - the third one on this site: Hotel site

It offers free Wi-Fi (gets more and more important), Spa, luggage store, etc. I think you could "enjoy the time" there. Hope I could help :D
traveltrevor

Postby lisamartin » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:30 am

Hi,
I need to know any hotel located in city center at good price?
lisamartin

Postby timelesssymphony » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:09 pm

My favorite is S Sukhumvit Suites Hotel it is steps away from Asok station which is where there above ground train and the underground metro intersect. This is close to the center of Bangkok and easy to get to from the airport via train. Keep in mind it is a 30 or so minute train ride to the river and biggest tourist area khao san road ect which is where G adventures normally starts and stops (Bangkok Center Hotel near the train station)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... ngkok.html
timelesssymphony

Postby bec_1989 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:42 pm

I too am staying at lub d Bangkok Siam square for my post stay after tour. I've emailed them and spoken to them and done my research around the area and this was my top choice and I'm also in a private room with a share bathroom option. :-)
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”

:-D Rebecca
bec_1989
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Return to Travel Tips