Late October and November Travel?

Share traveling tips with other travellers.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Late October and November Travel?

Postby sunkaer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:45 am

I am looking at traveling this October and/or November but as I read through travel guides all the places I really want to go are just not optimal that time of year... the beaches in either hemispheres seem to be getting or still are cool, the neat places in south east asia are in monsoon season...

Would it be better to try to put off my vacation until later or am I missing somewhere that is great around that time frame?

Already been to China, Canada, Brasil, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Costa Rica...

Want to go everywhere =p
sunkaer
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Late October and November Travel?

Postby kcupp95 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:51 am

Australia :)

It will be warm enough to swim, but you'll get in before the cyclone, bushfire and stinger seasons and before the heatwaves start to hit in December.
kcupp95
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Postby baga_azul » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:31 am

I was in Vietnam and Cambodia in November and Morroco I think it was October. Both were perfect. I think Kenya is also good in October.
baga_azul
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby Zuleika » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:51 pm

Thailand southern coasts are perfect at that time of year - even if it is monsoon it doesnt matter, yes it will rain but not for long, an hour a day maybe. November is generally cited as the best month to visit Thailand as a whole as its not too hot and humid yet like it gets in April - which is hugely uncomfortable - the north for trekking is great at this time of year also.

Also that is the absolute best time to go to Southern India, monsoon has just finished. Goa is lovely and all that coast up and down right down to Kerala etc - best beaches in the world imo - if you can find them!!!! :D

Nepal is also at its absolute best in Oct/Nov - are you into hiking? Its totally beautiful there, you can either go for the big hikes or stick to the easier foothills - I totally recommend it, Annapurna particularly. Stunning - doesn't do it justice!!

Southern Europe is also very good at this time of year. Croatia is gorgeous. ANd don't forget the middle east? Turkey is also amazing and still hot - loved it!
Any of the north Africa countries are also good.
Mexico is fascinating, Guatemala too is amazing.

Reckon your spoilt for choice really.
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby markmol » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:47 pm

hi
Try Sri Lanka, the beach south of Galle, Hikkaduwa is great, cheap accommodation, the monsoon season is close to being over & not many tourists that time of year.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
markmol
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Return to Travel Tips