Rucksack or holdall?

Share traveling tips with other travellers.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Rucksack or holdall?

Postby joey1992 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:23 pm

I am going on the Indochina Discovery tour for 30 days and I was just wondering what would be best to take a rucksack or a holdall?

I've been shopping round for a rucksack and seen some rather good ones and the prices aren't too bad either, but I think I would be more comfier having my belongings in a holdall and it would be far more easier to have it this way.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated :)
joey1992
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Rucksack or holdall?

Postby condylus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:18 pm

I did the same tour last year and I would recommend a rucksack! It's much more convenient to carry around when you have to do some walking! People without a rucksack complained about not having one! Don't even think about bringing a roller-suitcase! ;)
condylus
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Re: Rucksack or holdall?

Postby Zuleika » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:28 pm

This must be THE most asked question on this forum - maybe G should do a feature on luggage so people have a better idea which to choose.
At the end of the day - take what is most comfortable to you, any will be fine on pretty much any of the G tours so long as you can carry it when necessary and its not supersized.
From what I have seen about 50% will recommend a rucksack and 50% will recommend a wheeled duffle or small suitcase - so it really is down to you in the end.
Personally I have a hybrid rolling duffle that will convert to a backpack - so the best of both worlds - however, I have had it for 4 years and with several adventure trips each year and Im yet to break out the backpack straps yet!!!
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Return to Travel Tips