Essential China-Any tips? Rucksack or rolling bag?

Share traveling tips with other travellers.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Essential China-Any tips? Rucksack or rolling bag?

Postby row » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:03 pm

I want to take a rolling bag to China but I'm not sure if i will be pulling it a long way? I took a rucksack to Australia with me and after a few days ended up buying a wheelie bag. I was on and off a coach most of the time but the Essential China trip will be a bit different.
Any one been on the trip before and got any tips about bags and what size or anything else that might come in handy?
row
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Essential China-Any tips? Rucksack or rolling bag?

Postby ennat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:36 am

I took a rucksack on this trip, because I like to have my hands free. Although we didn't have to carry our bags for long distances there were often quite a few steps to negotiate - and in some places some of the pavements weren't in great condition. I also thought it would be easier for storing on the overnight trains. Some others on the trip had rolling bags and they managed perfectly fine. So I think it is personal prefernce - just don't make it too heavy. Have a great trip.
ennat

Postby globeus » Sat May 18, 2013 12:35 pm

I think I am going to go with a backpack style. I cant make it to heavy. I cant wait for my trip in July 7 2013 Essential China
globeus

Postby nytim » Sat May 18, 2013 1:38 pm

I always use a canvas rolling duffel bag. It has handles for carrying if needed. It has been to India, China, Vietnam, Cambodia and all over Europe. It is indispensable and it fits in the over head bins on the plane.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/32162?fe ... xtra-large
nytim
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Return to Travel Tips