Does anyone know...? Zambia, South-Africa & Zimbawe

Share traveling tips with other travellers.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Does anyone know...? Zambia, South-Africa & Zimbawe

Postby martinebelg » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:44 pm

I will go on the Zambia volunteer & safari tour the 14' of october and have some questions.
-Do I need a double or multiple entry visa for Zambia & Zimbabwe if I want to visit or do some activities at both sides of the Falls? (I arrive a day early in Livingstone and we also have a free day there between the volunteer part and the start of the safari.) Does it take a long time and a lot of hassles to get the visa at the Livingstone airport and the border post in Zimbawe? (As a Belgian I can obtain a visa in Belgium or in Zambia and Zimbabwe)
-Will a light sleeping bag do in october in these countries or do I have to bring my warm one? What is the temperature at night and in the evenings and mornings?
-Any tips for the volunteer part? What do they really need the most? The list in the trip details is to long for my small bag!
-What's the best currency to bring to Zambia, Zimbabwe and South-Africa? Which currency is the easiest to use there? Do you recommend getting it in Belgium or locally? (in the bank or at the ATM)

Thanks a lot!
Martine
martinebelg
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Return to Travel Tips