Do we carry our luggage with us all the time?

Share traveling tips with other travellers.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Do we carry our luggage with us all the time?

Postby tinah » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:47 am

Hi everyone! I just bought an Osprey 50-65L backpack thinking that I'll need it to lug all my luggage with me on my Costa Rica Basic Trip (CRCR) for 2 weeks. I am not sure if that's the case because when I searched the forums, it seems like we'll always have a Gap bus moving along with us for us to leave our items in... Is that really the case?

I've already gotten my pack fitted to my body so it's snug, not bulky and I don't believe I'd mind carrying a slightly larger bag as a day pack. However, my pack doesn't have a rain cover... and I know we'll be rappelling down waterfalls, rafting and getting wet and stuff.

I'd appreciate advise from anyone who has experienced the water/adventure tours that Gap has offered :)

Thanks!
tinah
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Do we carry our luggage with us all the time?

Postby ballu » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:48 am

I haven't been on this specific trip...but generally you take a bus or van to a city, drop your stuff off at the hotel then go out exploring. So you're responsible for carrying your luggage to the mode of transport, then to your hotel room. You'll just need a daypack for your daily adventures to carry...tour book, water, rain coat, camera etc. If you're rafting or rappelling, you'll be told by your tour leader or a local guide what to bring and what to leave behind.
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Return to Travel Tips