Vietnam Visa

Share traveling tips with other travellers.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Vietnam Visa

Postby chinajoa » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:40 am

Has anyone used an online service to get a VISA for Vietnam. They don't actually give you a VISA but rather some sort of certificate and when you arrive in Hanoi you can present it (and about 30US) and they will give you a VISA.

Thanks!
chinajoa
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Vietnam Visa

Postby travelmark » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:08 pm

Haven't used the online service, but just sent my application and passport to their embassy in Ottawa (following their instructions), and had it back to me in less than one week. It was worth it to avoid any delays/hassles once I get there.
travelmark
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Vietnam Visa

Postby zigainer » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:26 am

Hi,
I used http://www.vietnam-immigration.org in October and it worked very well. I arrived in Ho Chi Minh City, but it should be the same in Hanoi.
You just pay them 20USD and give them your particulars (name, passport, ...) and then you'll get a letter (2 days or something). With this letter you go to the "visa on arrival" counter and pay the stamp fee (25USD) and that's it. No problem at all.
But a visa from your embassy should also be no problem, but it's maybe more expensive. Sadly the visa on arrival is only available when you go to Vietnam by flight and not for overland entries.

So all in all, I would do it again.
zigainer

Return to Travel Tips