Inca trail on request

Share traveling tips with other travellers.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Inca trail on request

Postby ale » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:22 pm

Hi.
I haven't booked my trip yet for the Absolute peru on july 29th. It says there are 7+ spaces left, but now the inca trail is on request? Does that mean i'm not guaranteed a pass for the trail even if I book now?! Oh I hope not!

If anyone knows for sure.. please let me know! I'm so worried

Aleta
ale
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Inca trail on request

Postby TravelFun » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:22 am

Hi Aleta,

There is a daily set limit of the number of people that can trek the Inca Trail which is determined by the authorities. Individual travel companies do not purchase permits in bulk but it is a 'first come, first served basis'...else no-one would be able to go without a company!

The trip for 29th Jul'10 is guaranteed so the tour will go ahead but you will have to put in a request for the Inca Trail...permits are limited during this time.

Can you go on another date? August 7th has spaces and the Inca Trail permit is available!

First do call GAP direct to find out when they can confirm a permit for you for the July trip. Then make your call.

Happy Travels!
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Re: Inca trail on request

Postby lasan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Hi

I had booked a trip to Peru for July 2/10 with Inca permits on request and they let me know pretty fast that they weren't able to get the passes for us which gave us time to change our date. They should let you know with in a few days of booking if they can get the permits, in case you have to change your dates. They suggested the Lares trek instead but you really don't see any ruins so a little disappointing, check it out. I would book the trip ASAP as July is the busiest month on the Inca trail. Have a great trip.
lasan

Return to Travel Tips