The North Face Travel Packs - Opinions?

Share traveling tips with other travellers.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

The North Face Travel Packs - Opinions?

Postby Wanderlust83 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi All,

Is there anyone familiar with the brand The North Face who could offer some opinions/advice regarding their travel packs. Are they durable/good quality? I'm considering purchasing their women's Crestone 60 pack for some upcoming trips.

Thanks,
Wanderlust83
Wanderlust83
User Rank: Adventurer

Re: The North Face Travel Packs - Opinions?

Postby TravelFun » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:29 pm

Hi there,

The North Face is a very reputable company in adventure clothing and equipment and it's a pretty common brand amongst seasoned travellers.

You shouldn't have any problems but when looking for a backpack the main thing is to ensure that it fits your back perfectly...make this your first criteria and the brand your second.

Hope this helps your decision :)

Happy Travels!
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Postby Insaroo » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:31 pm

Hay,

I've been working in an outdoor shop in the UK for the last 2 years and I would definatly go for something else over The North Face - I've experienced ALOT of returned stuff from them. The quality has definatly gone down hill and for your money you could definately get something more robust and more useable. Have a look at Lowe Alpine and if you can afford to splash out, Osprey. Osprey only make packs (compared to The North Face who make anything and everything) and their attention to detail is amazing!

Hope this helps!
Insaroo
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby Wanderlust83 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:27 pm

Hey,

This is very helpful advice. The North Face pack I was looking at purchasing (the Women's Crestone 60) sells for approx. $240 in Canada. It looks like I can probably get an Osprey pack for around $300 (does that sound right?!) - well worth the few extra dollars if I'm going to get a durable pack that will last me for a longer period of time.

Thanks!
Wanderlust83

Postby sinecure » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:37 pm

I too would shy away from North Face products. Osprey should be an excellent pack. But whether it's 240 or 300 go for the one that fits you the BEST. My pack is a Lowe Alpine pack and it fells like I've got nothing on at all.
sinecure

Postby thecakeisalie » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Another vote here for Osprey, the most comfortable pack I've ever owned, extremely light too.

But as stated earlier, be sure to go to the store and try before you buy. Not all packs fit the same for all people.
thecakeisalie
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Return to Travel Tips