VISA before or arrival

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

VISA before or arrival

Postby jujohnston » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:47 am

Hi there, I am travelling to Kenya on the 10th of July and I was told by a few people that sending your passport, etc. away to get the visa (I live in Canada) was a super slow process and one girl didn't get her passport back in time. So those people advised I just get it at the airport upon arrival in Kenya. Will they let me off the plane without having a VISA? Is it ok to wait that long?

Thanks for your help, having a few heart palpitations here lol
jujohnston
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: VISA before or arrival

Postby ballu » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:00 pm

I haven't heard of anybody having any problems getting their visa upon arrival at the Kenya airport. When you get to immigration there will likely be lines for international travellers who don't have visas. I flew into Uganda, but I imagine it's similar.

Another bonus of getting it at the airport is you don't have to pay for secure postage.
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Postby catraveller » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:24 am

You can definitely get a Visa on Arrival as a Canadian. When I was there last year, it was $50 USD and you just had to fill in a visa form.

After getting off the plane, you have to go through immigration (where you get your VISA) before you get to the baggage claim area.
catraveller
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby astralcompanion » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Is it also true that a single entry visa for Kenya will allow you to travel to and from Tanzania as well? We are booked for http://www.gadventures.com/trips/kenya-tanzania-overland/DKTO/2013/ and it has us travelling KE > TZ > KE.
"Two great talkers will not travel far together." -- Spanish Proverb
astralcompanion
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Return to Africa and Middle East