Jordan in august

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Jordan in august

Postby laban » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi!
I'm wondering if anyone's done a tour in Jordan in august? How hot is it? Do you reccomend it? I would love to go but doing a bit of research i find that the best time to go is in may or september. However my only chance to go this year is in august and i would really like to go but i'm afraid that maybe the heat will be too much. Advice would be very appreciated.

Thank you!
Linn
laban
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Jordan in august

Postby worldtravelguy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:32 am

I haven't been, but I will be there in August myself (doing the Egypt and Jordan tour). Apparently it's very hot with some cool nights, so be prepared. :-)

Also, Israel Explorer :)
worldtravelguy
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby liz.semkowich » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:17 pm

We are also going on the Egypt/Jordan trip and have never been to either country but very excited- top of the bucket list for a long time. If anyone can help with my questions:
1. Thinking of seeing the Al-Tannoura Egyptian Hertitage Dance Troupe in Cairo before the tour starts. It gets good reviews on Trip Advisor- not sure of the best way to get tickets? Should we book in advance or just line up an hour before the performance?
2. Book suggestions for the Luxor Community Library- do they still want children's books? What we be the most useful?
3. Any suggestions of places to see in Cairo that are not part of the G tour?
4. Bug spray needed?
liz.semkowich

Postby kgreen » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:28 pm

Hi
I am also going to Jordan in August on the Highlights of Jordan. Should be HOT! and then likely cold overnight in the desert. I am buying lots of breathable linen and cotton clothing and a tilley hat so I don't burn. Should be an adventure! :mrgreen:
kgreen

Postby worldtravelguy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:20 am

[quote="liz.semkowich"]We are also going on the Egypt/Jordan trip....quote]

Hey liz - are you going on the July 25th trip as well? or the August start one?

Sorry I don't have any answers to your questions. I don't think we'll need bug spray, but it doesn't hurt to bring it. =)

Also, Israel Explorer :)
worldtravelguy

Return to Africa and Middle East