Southern Africa Overland

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Southern Africa Overland

Postby hayleyloux » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:40 am

Im going on this trip the end of August! Im a single traveller and would like to chat to anyone who is going to!
Also do I need a visa when I first enter south Africa? and what documents do I need at the airport?
hayleyloux
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Southern Africa Overland

Postby cate_lee » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:09 am

If you're from Canada you don't need anything other than your passport. (I suspect that's the case for most Western countries.) When you go through customs they'll put a sticker on to your passport valid for 3 months, this is essentially your visa. You don't even need to stand in a separate line for it.

As for visas going into other countries, your guide will take care of it. Nothing you need in advance. (But maybe check your country's foreign affairs department just in case. I can only speak for carrying a Canadian passport.)

Have fun. You'll love it. I know I did.

A tad bit of advice, don't bother bringing bug spray. Buy local when you get there, they work better.
cate_lee
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Return to Africa and Middle East