Victoria falls

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Victoria falls

Postby dan3005 » Tue May 28, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi guys. Doing botswana and falls trip in June. The price includes entrance fee to Vic falls on Zambian side. Can someone tell me what this means please and what you do? Is it a viewing platform etc and will the group do it together? Planning what activities to do etc and money. Cheers.
dan3005
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Victoria falls

Postby collywobbles » Wed May 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi dan3005

When I did dunes delta falls trip which is similar to your trip myself and a few others went to the falls. We stayed on the Zambian side. and we paid a 20usd dollar entrance fee to the falls. There are paths around the falls . We did not go there as a group we just went on our own. Into a taxi for a few dollars and spent the day there. The markets are there as well before you go into the falls. You can spend most of the day at the falls. Beware monkeys roam the aera. and do like to take stuff off you if you carry anything in your hand. You can view the falls from different parts of the walk. As for other activities there are so many you can choose from. I did the lion walk. helicopter ride over falls. we all did the sunset cruise as a group. There is also bungee jump. micro flight over falls white water rafting. just a few to choose from.

enjoy :D
collywobbles
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby dan3005 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:21 pm

Did you do that in one day? I have one day there and want to view the falls and hopefully white water raft. Is that possible in one day???
dan3005

Postby collywobbles » Thu May 30, 2013 3:25 pm

Hiya
8)
I was there for 2 nights as I was leaving to go home. The day we arrived at the falls we had a meeting. and I went on the lion walk that afternoon. It was quiet rushed to get organised :lol: The next morning I did the Helicopter ride over the falls. The white water rafting was at the same time. I did not do that. Between going to helicopter pad and the ride it took a total of a bout 1 and a half hours. Later on in the morning at about 11 we went to the falls and stayed there till the evening and we did the sunset cruise about 6pm . Yes it was a busy 2 days but if you just pick the ones you really want to do you should be able to fit them in. Hope this helps. :P
collywobbles

Postby christiek77 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:26 am

You are able to see a lot more of the falls on the Zimbabwe side, so you might want to consider crossing the border, although i think you will have to pay a visa fee. the helicopter ride was fantastic (it is the only way to see the entire falls at once) and my one friend did the microflight. she absolutely loved it.
christiek77
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby catraveller » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:33 pm

If at all possible, I would try to spend some more time at the Falls. You're going to have a hard time fitting in everything in one day and it's a shame to go all that way and hardly have time to enjoy the Falls! Realistically, rafting takes the better part of the day (I think we left in the morning right after breakfast and were back mid-afternoon). If possible, I would also recommend trying to experience both the Zim and Zambian sides.

The park entrance that is included in your trip is basically just entrance into the park - you can walk around, see the falls and take pictures. It'll also give you access to Devil's Pool (if open) though there is an additional guide fee for that. I highly recommend doing Devil's Pool!

For what it's worth, I had 3 full days and 2 nights in the area. Day 1 was Devil's Pool and then crossing over to Zim, and managed to fit in a half day of adrenaline (flying fox, gorge swing, zipline). Day 2 was whitewater rafting. My trip ended here, so I crossed back over to Zambia myself as this is where I had booked accomodation and where my flight was leaving from. I stayed at the Zambezi Sun, which is expensive but if you are time crunched it's totally worth it because it is attached to the national park and you can go in and out as you please in order to see the falls. I left in the afternoon the next day. I felt super rushed and definitely would have liked more time.
catraveller
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Return to Africa and Middle East