Delta & Falls Overland?

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Delta & Falls Overland?

Postby tanisha » Mon May 27, 2013 9:55 am

Hi I am planning to Book this trip through Trailfinders, Wanted some reviews if anyone has dome it yet? Cant find any reviews on it anywhere?

Im pretty nervous about Camping in Africa some reasurrance would be great?
tanisha
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Delta & Falls Overland?

Postby collywobbles » Tue May 28, 2013 3:08 pm

hi tanisha :D

I did dunes deltas falls overland trip which is part of your trip. I also did it in august /September . Camping in Africa is very safe and I enjoyed it. The delta part was in the Okavango delta was great . we camped in the delta it was a bit of bush camping. Other campsites we stayed in were pretty good with bathroom/shower facilities some with a swimming pool and bars . some of our campsites were at the watering holes in the game parks which were brill. It was hot during the day but at night it did get chilly. At the falls we upgraded to a permanent tent which was great. As it had a bed and after 3 weeks camping in Africa it was fantastic. It cost I think about 20 usd to upgrade well worth it. The Waterfront campsite is a nice area were we stayed near the falls. If you need any other info please feel free to ask. It was a great trip and I have lots of good memories even if my trip is the longer version of your trip. People join the group at various stages of the trip which is what you will be doing.

cheers :D
collywobbles
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby tanisha » Wed May 29, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi, Thanks so much! That has Completly made me feel a whole lot better about booking it!
Im terrified of the Camping bit! But Sounds Safe!! :) Thanks again! :D
tanisha

Postby collywobbles » Wed May 29, 2013 2:51 pm

hi :)

You will be fine. Camping is pretty straight forward. The tents can be put up in 5 mins and we were pretty comfy. Pack light and don't forget your head torch. also bring a pair of flip flops for showers pretty handy . and enjoy it. sitting around the campfire having food and some drinks and a chat under the African sky is pretty awesome. and listening to the animals feed at the wateringhole. What else could you wish for. :D :D

cheers

hi

You will be fine. Camping is pretty straight forward. The tents can be put up in 5 mins and we were pretty comfy. Pack light and don't forget your head torch. also bring a pair of flipflops for showers pretty handy . and enjoy it. sitting around the campfire have food and some drinks under the African sky is pretty awesome. and listening to the animals feed at the wateringhole. What else could you wish for. :D :D

cheers
collywobbles

Return to Africa and Middle East