From Arusha to Nairobi

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

From Arusha to Nairobi

Postby myadvent » Thu May 02, 2013 12:44 am

Hello all, I'm on the trip through Kenya and Tanzania starting June 21. We end in Arusha yet my plane leaves from Nairobi the next day. How is that bus trip north? Anyone else having to travel Arusha to Nairobi with tips on that transit?
myadvent
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: From Arusha to Nairobi

Postby IncaTrail50 » Fri May 03, 2013 3:54 am

Some in our group took the bus and said it was great. We opted to fly from Kili airport to Nairobi and it was good, too. Given the choice again I'd probably take the bus. Not sure what trip you're doing but we did DKTW and the trip between the first and second week was Nairobi to Arusha and it was by small bus. We hadn't considered that when we booked the flight back to Nairobi at the end. We had researched public buses and this isn't exactly like that. Our guide was on the bus Arusha to Nairobi because he was going back to meet the next group so those who went by bus got to spend a bit more time with him and they had fun.
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Re: From Arusha to Nairobi

Postby buzzerfly » Mon May 20, 2013 8:52 am

I am on the same trip. The transpo between Arusha back to Nairobi seemed to be quite a hassle, so I just booked my return flight from JRO to London. Looking forward to the trek! :D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
buzzerfly

Return to Africa and Middle East