Livingstone (tour DAJL)

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Livingstone (tour DAJL)

Postby dan3005 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:43 am

Hey, im going on the Botswana and falls adventure (DAJL) in june. i was just wondering if anyone new what the accomodation in Livingstone at the end of the tour is for the last night? I have got to be at the airport quite early that day to fly to Joburgso wondering how people get from accomodation to airport in Livingstone. Cheers :D
dan3005
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Livingstone (tour DAJL)

Postby afabian72 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:43 pm

hey,
Im going on that trip too. The last night is spent in a tented permanent camp. ou can take a taxi to the airport. We will be grateful after camping haha. Where are you from? Amanda
afabian72
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby dan3005 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:21 pm

Hey I'm going on June 29th (I started a forum in the departure lounge). I'm from Birmingham, UK. What about you? Dan :D
dan3005

Postby collywobbles » Wed May 01, 2013 3:04 pm

hiya :D

did the delta dunes and falls trip a few years ago. we stayed in the waterfront campsite which is pretty good. Its permanent tents and are quiet comfy good facilities and a pool. a taxi to and from the airport is reasonable and it is not too far from the campsite. From there you can do various activities ie the microflight, helicopter flight over falls, go to the falls itself . its not to far by taxi. You can also book the lion walk there too. there is plenty of info available. oh yeah monkeys tend to roam the campsite. keep your tent locked and don't leave out towels and clothes and things like that. :o

cheers :D
collywobbles
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby nataliejuk » Sat May 11, 2013 1:33 pm

hi collywobbles!

I am doing a different tour, with the explore livingstone adventure first, and just wondering about these tents. I have heard different things about the standards (ie. on top of ants nests, horrible showers etc) which I can cop with, but whats the campsite like in terms of safety? Is it a gated campsite thats locked at night with any security... from both animals and unwanted scary people? My mum is terrified about me staying in a tent alone in case someone comes to attack me, so considering the hotel accommodation

any advice much appreciated
nataliejuk
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby collywobbles » Sat May 11, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi nataliejuk

The campsite has security walking around at night. We were quiet safe there. The tents have padlocks which you will be given a key when you check in. to lock your tent. Your roommate will also get a key. At night it is well lit up around with lights. Okay there are monkeys around the place and they will go into your tent if you leave it open. Just don't leave out any towels clothes for them to take. Use usual common sense for securing your valuables and you will be fine. Our group did the sunset cruise or nicknamed the booze cruise . It was a good trip plenty of food , photos and drink only if you drink. Enjoy.

:)
collywobbles

Return to Africa and Middle East