Nairobi to Zanzibar from the UK - Visas etc!

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Nairobi to Zanzibar from the UK - Visas etc!

Postby lauren_3 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:44 am

Hi all

I'm doing the Nairobi to Zanzibar tour next month. I'll be arriving in Nairobi on May 2nd with a UK passport, crossing into Tanzania the following day and heading back into Nairobi at the end of the tour to catch my flight home. Is anyone able to advise whether it'll be easy to get my visas on arrival or is it best to get them beforehand?

Also, can anyone recommend what kind of sleeping bag I should take? From what I can see the average temperatures are quite warm so I'm wondering whether just a liner will do. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Lauren
lauren_3
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Nairobi to Zanzibar from the UK - Visas etc!

Postby markmol » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi Lauren,
You can get your Kenya visa at the airport on arrival & your visa for Tanzania at the border, fill in a form & pay $50 US, with the sleeping bag it will be quite cold at Ngorongoro Crater, when i went there G supplied blankets in your tents. the rest of the time it will be quite warm especially at Dar Er Sallam, where it is very humid at night.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
markmol
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Re: Nairobi to Zanzibar from the UK - Visas etc!

Postby lauren_3 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:03 am

Thanks Markmol! So perhaps a liner then a fleece etc for if it's cold? :)

Lauren
lauren_3

Return to Africa and Middle East