Egypt/Jordan in March

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Egypt/Jordan in March

Postby ap517 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Mosquitos: Will this be a problem in March in Egypt/Jordan? I always pack my bug spray no matter where I go but should I bring my mosquito sleep net, too?

Dress: I have some long skirts in various colors (red, white, black) that I was wanting to bring. Would I look like I was trying too hard or pretty typical dress for women?

Shoes: Are open-toed sandals (Clarks, etc) advisable or should I get some closed-toe shoes. I just can't find any attractive comfortable shoes! I am going to do some extensive travels and want to invest in a good pair of sandals. Wore Clarks on a 3 month trip during the summer and they were perfect!
ap517
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Egypt/Jordan in March

Postby leahlovestravel » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:17 am

I did Egypt and Jordan at a different time of year (nov/dec) Didn't need a mosquito net then but can't say for March.

As for dress and shoes. Wear what is comfortable for you. When you go in mosques, you will have to make sure your shoulders and knees are covered and most often you will have to take off your shoes.
Don't worry about whether or not you fit in, dress for comfort and the weather. Longer will help with sun protection.
I had sandals and closed toe shoes as I preferred hiking shoes for longer periods of walking but that's me. Also a consideration is what will be more comfortable when in sandy areas.

Have lots of fun! I especially loved Jordan.
If it does not bring you joy, why are you doing it?

leahlovestravel
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Re: Egypt/Jordan in March

Postby georginal » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:07 pm

NO mosquito net for me in Egypt in January, can't speak for Jordan. But I have done several other trips to Africa and the Middle East and never felt I should have had my own, so I really wouldn't bother.
georginal
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Return to Africa and Middle East