Archaeological Wonders of Egypt & Jordan

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Archaeological Wonders of Egypt & Jordan

Postby rcampol » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:58 am

Has anyone been on this particular trip? I have been to Israel but missed out on Egypt and Jordan. Any feedback or information would be appreciated.

RSC
rcampol
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Archaeological Wonders of Egypt & Jordan

Postby TravelFun » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:12 pm

I have been to both countries and done similar if not most that's on the itinerary...it touches all the highlights and you will be amazed by all the temples. Surprisingly I was never templed-out and each site is unique and be prepared to look upwards...the monuments are huge. Enjoy.

Happy Travels!
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Postby IncaTrail50 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:37 am

TravelFun wrote:Surprisingly I was never templed-out and each site is unique and be prepared to look upwards...the monuments are huge. Enjoy.

Haha! Yes, totally agree! We came back with SUCH a crick in the neck! How in the heck did they build those incredibly large structures? My husband the engineer stumbled around the sites mumbling, how...no they couldn't...but..it's here...how...
A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!! We had to replace the roof on our house after 15 years and tey the temples in Egypt stand and have brilliant colours after THOUSANDS of years! Sigh...so beautiful. Yes, enjoy and marvel!
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Postby TravelFun » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:45 pm

I'm with you there IT50...how they did it is just amazing and the sheer grandness of it all. Loved monuments/temples of Ramses, now he sure did have an ego which we're enjoying even today :P
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Return to Africa and Middle East