Nairobi Hotel Boulevard - opinions?

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Nairobi Hotel Boulevard - opinions?

Postby iwona.max » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Hello,

I am arriving a few days before my G Adventures tour in Kenya. I am wondering if I should take the Hotel Boulevard that G Adventures uses for the few extra nights, or rather look for something else. The reviews the hotel has on TripAdvisor are discouraging, to be honest. I am thinking that anything is ok for one night before the tour departs, but am not sure about spending 4 nights there...

Anybody been there? Opinions?

Thanks for help,
Iwona
iwona.max
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Nairobi Hotel Boulevard - opinions?

Postby LovinLife » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:19 am

It's OK and not far from the city center. I've stayed there a couple of times in 2001 and 2011. Both times I stayed 2 nights and would say that would be my limit. Depending on your budget and what you'll be doing for the 4 days in Nairobi, there are many nicer hotels. The Norfolk is almost next door and much nicer (and pricey) or the the Stanley (both are very Colonial British influenced). If you are just looking for a place to sleep, Hotel Boulevard is fine. Hope you have a wonderful trip as East Africa is a wonderful place to visit!
Cheers
Jeff
LovinLife
User Rank: Weekender

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:07 am

It's not a luxurious hotel but clean and fairly comfortable. Most importantly, it seems safe. What do you want from your hotel? If just a clean bed and bath, this will work and you won't have to worry about changing hotels. If you want to relax by a pool or go shopping then you should look elsewhere.
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby iwona.max » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:44 am

Thanks for the info.

From a hotel - well I expect it to be clean, safe and to be able to sleep there. It would be good if the staff was reasonably friendly. The TripAdvisor reviews were that it was very noisy at night, and with rude front desk staff, so I got concerned...

Iwona
iwona.max

Postby IncaTrail50 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:06 am

I stayed there last year and found the front desk staff really wonderful. We booked pre-accommodation there with our daughter so we got to see a few different rooms, our family one and the doubles that came with the G tour. All were clean. Breakfast buffet was good. Great ambience around the dining room and the outdoor bar area. Woke up to find sacred ibis in the tree outside our window, that was pretty cool although they may land at other hotels as well. :lol:
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Postby gypsy75 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:29 pm

Rooms were absolutely fine and safe, staff was very friendly and efficient. Pool side waiters were great to us. Nothing out of the ordinary either way, one of the better starter hotels I have stayed at with G.
gypsy75

Postby iwona.max » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:51 am

Thank a lot, folks! You've put my mind to rest, we'll keep it simple and stay there. Happy trips!
iwona.max

Postby indi06 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:55 am

Id just stay there it was ok. Clean enough. We had a problem with the reservation so that was a nightmare and a rip off but that was the fault of our tour company (not G) but another company.

Concierge was friendly. Helped us book tours. One took us to Nairobi National Park. Another we asked for a nice place to eat and he took us to an Italian restaurant. Also after our group tour ended we all decided we wanted to go to Carnivores so they arranged transport there for us.

Internet was available i think Wifi in room roughly 12 usa for 24 hrs.
indi06

Postby laura1989 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:19 am

Hi Iwona,

I have recently been looking at a trip to Africa and would be staying at the Hotel Boulevard Nairobi for one night before meeting my touring group. I have similar concerns to yourself having read some reviews about the hotel.
I was wondering if you have been on your trip and how you found your stay at the hotel? Would you recommend it for one night before joining a group?

Thanks Laura
laura1989

Return to Africa and Middle East