Livingstone accommodation post-trip

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Livingstone accommodation post-trip

Postby shierly83 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:23 am

I will be doing Dunes, Deltas and Falls (DCF) trip in October, and the trip finishes in Livingstone. I have an extra day there after the tour ends before flying back home.

The accom in Livingstone is at Zambezi Waterfront. Would you recommend spending the extra night there, or moving somewhere better or cheaper? I'm thinking of getting myself a proper room with ensuite bathroom, as after spending 20 days camping I think I would need it. Is the chalet in Waterfront any good (or good value, as it's a little expensive)?

I'm thinking about moving to another hotel (looking into Chanters Lodge at the moment) but then since I will only have 1 extra night, is it worth moving?
shierly83
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Livingstone accommodation post-trip

Postby kateyb » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:13 am

I moved hotels and stayed at Jollyboys in Livingstone. I liked it a lot better than the Zambezi Waterfront and we even upgraded to a chalet room. I didn't like the location and the restaurant that was there. But we were also in Livingstone for three extra nights. For one extra night I think I probably would have stayed put.
kateyb
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby helix » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:54 am

I stayed at Jollyboys too. It's one of the nicest hostels i've been to.
helix
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby hcthibault » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:52 pm

We are on the DCF trip terminating in Livingstone 11 October. We decided to stay the last 2 nights at Tabonina Guest House in town rather than more tenting at the waterfront park. Cost is Zmk500,000! Looks big but is about $100 total for 2 nights. Chanters looked good too but about twice the price.
hcthibault
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby shierly83 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:32 am

Thanks for the responses. Tabonina looks good too! And it is cheaper.

I've decided to book at Chanters, as I'm only staying for one night so I don't mind paying $69. They also offer free pick up from the campsite and drop off at the airport the next day!
shierly83

Return to Africa and Middle East