Cape & Dunes Experience

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Cape & Dunes Experience

Postby bobbale » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:36 pm

Hey there,

I'll do that trip from Cape Town to Windhoek in May and since this will be my first time in Southafrica and Namibia, I'd be glad to hear of some advise what to take with me or better leave at home.
I heard, nights will be cold...so do I have to take a warm sleeping bag with me and really warm clothes?

Anyone hear, who took that trip before and can share his/her experience?
bobbale
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Cape & Dunes Experience

Postby collywobbles » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:09 am

hey bobbale :)
I did part of this trip as part of the dcf trip which went capetown to livingstone. there are somany posts on the forum offering good advice on this trip which includes your trip yes the nights are cold bring a sleeping back you will get a matteress to sleep on very comfy some socks for your feet bring a fleece early morning starts and the mornings can be very cold .as you aere going in may not to sure what temps during day will be somebody else may be able to help you there. if you go climbing dune 45 in the desert its an early start 5am and its was very cold when i did it we also climbed it in our bare feet much easier but check out the forum lots of good advice either under dcf or your own trip cape dunes experience. you will have a blast go sandboarding quad biking in the dunes jump out a plane or just chill 8) and of course plenty card memory for the photos
collywobbles
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby kateyb » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:00 am

There are lots of previous posts regarding this trip and answering your question on this forum.
kateyb

Postby gaja » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:33 am

If you can arrange it, stay some extra days in Cape Town prior to your trip.
In my opinion, absolutely worth it.
All my posts and recommendations just represent my personal opinion and experience.
gaja
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Return to Africa and Middle East