South Africa...

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

South Africa...

Postby boonals » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:12 pm

A 24th Birthday in Kruger National Park/Joburg....what are the recommendations people?

Also does anyone have any recommendations on accomodation in Port Elizabeth?

Orrr

How do i travel from Plettenberg Bay to Bloukrans Bridge?

Any experts out there...

Greatly Appreciated!

Leigh
boonals
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: South Africa...

Postby georginal » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:13 pm

Check this out for accommodation

http://www.hostelworld.com

I'd actually suggest going just down the road to Jeffreys Bay, rather than stay in Port Elizabeth if you can, just because its a bit livelier. I stayed in Island Vibe, right on the beach. Its a big party hostel if thats your thing.

Transport wise there is the Baz Bus if you have a lot of time. Otherwise there are busses that go up and down the coast which you can book, and I'm pretty sure you can can book them with only a couple of days notice or less. There will be loads of tours you can book if its the bungy you're after. Otherwise the bus and DIYing it will be cheaper.

If your're confident, try the mini bus taxis, but there might be a couple of stops on that to do as they only go as far as the drivers want to go, but if you do this option, keep an eye on your valuables big time!
georginal
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Return to Africa and Middle East