Dubai Airport Hotel

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Dubai Airport Hotel

Postby laurako » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:03 am

Hi, my boyfriend and I are facing a 9 hour stop-over in Dubai Airport on our way to Entebbe in Uganda, and as it is from 11 pm to 8 am the following morning we thought about finding a hotel.

There is a hotel in the airport, but it is 5 stars, so it seems like it is out of our price range. Does anyone have experinces of Dubai Airport and know if there are places to sleep/rest? Or is it possible to reach other (and cheaper) hotels from the airport in the time we have?

Thanks, Laura

laurako
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Dubai Airport Hotel

Postby Zuleika » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Dubai airport is too small and overcrowded for the amount of passengers it serves, there are no quiet corners in which to rest and it always seems thronging to me when ever I have been through it. 9 hours is defo too long to be stuck in there imo - you'll be stir crazy by the end of it!
Unfortunately Dubai is an expensive country all up, but I believe you could still get a reasonably priced hotel not too far from the airport, have a look on hotels.com or I find trip advisor also very good. Dont forget to get your taxi back to airport booked otherwise you will be delayed.
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby laurako » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:22 am

Thank you so much for your reply, it was really helpfull. We will definitely be finding a hotel to stay at. Thanks again

laurako

Postby rockon210 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:21 am

Hello!
I highly recommend the following Dubai Airport Hotel:
http://global.premierinn.com/gcc/en/hot ... al-airport
I stayed there twice in the last two years.
The hotel is excellent and there is a free airport shuttle, from the airport to the hotel and backwards.
rockon210
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Return to Africa and Middle East