First Time in Southern Africa! Tips? Suggestions?

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Re: First Time in Southern Africa! Tips? Suggestions?

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:00 pm

keith2004 wrote:Almost time for my trip! Excited for those who have visited Victoria falls on Zambia side is it easy to go over to the Zimbabwe side to get that view? Is there a visa?

You can just walk over the bridge but you'll need to buy a visa for Zimbabwe and may have to pay again to reenter Zambia.
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby keith2004 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:47 am

Oh wow that's a bit of a deterrent, especially with paying again to renter Zambia
keith2004
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby AdamfromCanada » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:26 pm

keith2004 wrote:Oh wow that's a bit of a deterrent, especially with paying again to renter Zambia

I believe I just got a multi-entry visa for Zambia when we first entered the country. I don't think it was much more expensive. The Zimbabwe visa was an expensive one (especially for Canadians, as for some reason we had much higher cost than US or EU citizens), but absolutely worth it. About 2/3rds of the Falls are seen only from the Zimbabwe side. It's absolutely spectacular and in my opinion, a better view than we had from the Zambian side of the Falls. You'll also get a chance to buy a souvenir $100 Trillion bill from the now defunct Zimbabwe currency from one of the many people who'll try to sell you things on either side of the big bridge.
Feel free to check out my travels on http://www.adammallonphotography.com
AdamfromCanada
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Previous

Return to Africa and Middle East