Best of Egypt

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Best of Egypt

Postby becky42 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi, I'm looking at the Best of Egypt tour and was wondering if any one has been on it? I was wanting to go on a slightly longer, more temple and archaeology crazy tour but unfortunately the ones I was looking at have been cancelled. If anyone has been on it how was it? How much time did you get at temples? Was there a chance to see King Tut's tomb (though I see it's not included in the tour)?

Thanks!
becky42
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Best of Egypt

Postby tletter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:57 am

becky42 wrote:How much time did you get at temples?

It depends on the temple itself, varying from about 2 hours at Abu Simbel to 1 hour at the lesser temples. While this may seem short,there is much to see and there is a lot of travel required to get from place to place.

becky42 wrote:Was there a chance to see King Tut's tomb (though I see it's not included in the tour)?

The Best of Egypt tour included a guided tour of the Valley of Kings. You should have about 1-2 hours in the Valley of Kings so you'll be able to purchase a ticket and line-up to see King Tut. The entrance ticket includes entrance to three tombs (not King Tut's). There are many interesting tombs to see if you research ahead of your visit.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Please feel free to check out my travel website at http://travelogues.x10hosting.com/
tletter
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Re: Best of Egypt

Postby Zuleika » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:44 pm

Just of note - We didnt bother with King Tuts tomb as our guide advised us to visit the bigger much more impressive and elaborate tombs in the Valley, also you have to pay extra for Tut and also all the artefacts have all been removed and are in the Cairo museum - which we did visit and that was amazing.
However if your a Tut fan by all means ignore this advice.
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Return to Africa and Middle East