March 26-April2 Akilli climb with Gadventure.

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

March 26-April2 Akilli climb with Gadventure.

Postby michalcap » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:25 pm

I am going on the Akilli climb March 26. Anyone is coming on my tour....
michalcap
User Rank: Traveller

Re: March 26-April2 Akilli climb with Gadventure.

Postby tass » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:40 am

We are going in June this year. Would like to hear your stories about the trip once you've returned though. I.e. planning tips, how the porters carrying bags and weight etc. works.

I did Machu Picchu last year and it was quite simple. They give you a duffle bag and you stuff it with a max of 6 kg and the porters carry the duffle bags.

For kili, I've been told they carry our backpacks or duffle bags although I'm not sure how convenient that is for them to carry half filled backpacks considering they have a 15kg overall weight restriction.

In any event, have a great climb and be sure to Summit.
tass
User Rank: Weekender

Postby michalcap » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi
I have been with Gadventure since 2006. Traveling: Peru,Argentina Brazil,Thiland,India,Nepal,Camboidia,Vietnam,Costa Rica and now...Africa in March. Peru hike was good I did it in 2006. Small back pack and porters to carry most of our things. Porters will do most of the carrying in Akilli climb. I wont take too many cloths to change into porters will carry sleeping bag,toiletries,little clothing... few days will be a challange for sure and I sure hope to make it to the top and tell you all about it.
After Akilli climb I am off flying to Zanzibar joining another G-tour for 5 days snorkle/scuba then a 6 hrs ferry to Tanzania for Safari for 5 days with another G-tour group. I thought that if i am already in Africa,I should see and do as much as I can. Gap is the best tour company ever. I am a #1 fan.

We will be in touch B"H
michalcap

Postby tass » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Good luck on the climb. Can't wait to hear how it went.
tass

Return to Africa and Middle East