Transfer from Moshi to Arusha

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Transfer from Moshi to Arusha

Postby sarajane » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:52 pm

I am travelling to Tanzania in July. First I am doing Kilimanjaro on my own and then meeting a friend to do the Tanzania Camping Adventure. The trek ends in Moshi and the Tanzania Camping Adventure starts in Arusha. Just wondering the best way to travel between the two. I found a shuttle service but I want to make sure I am choosing the safest option since I will be travelling on my own.

Thanks!
sarajane
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Transfer from Moshi to Arusha

Postby michalcap » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:12 pm

I think that a flight will be safer.
michalcap
User Rank: Traveller

Postby em_g008 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Arusha and Moshi are only about an hour apart. I think you will be safe with a shuttle, just try to make sure it's a reputable company!
em_g008
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Postby tass » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:30 am

Myself and three companions are doing the Kii trek end of June and then moving on to a safari portion first week of July. We end in Arusha and have made transfer arrangements from Arusha back to Kili airport with G Adventures. Maybe they can arrange something for you.
tass
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby sarajane » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Thanks! My friend is flying into Kilimanjaro aiport so I am hoping I can meet her there and then get a transfer. I will definitely call gadventures to find out.

Enjoy your trips!
sarajane

Postby jasonatl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:19 pm

If you can get dropped off at the Springlands Hotel in Moshi, you can get a transfer from there to Kilimanjaro airport. I think I paid US$20 back in September. Not sure how many times a day they run the bus, it probably depends on the departure time of the various flights out of JRO.

You can contact them at info@springlandshotel.com. It's also the hotel that G Adventure's local operator Zara uses for their Kilimanjaro treks.
jasonatl

Postby cle90 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:22 am

I just came back from Tanzania, If you are staying at the Springlands Hotel, they have a shuttle that will take you to Arusha. Deffinately email them to set it up before hand. It wasn't that much maybe US$30, and about an hour and a half. info@springlandshotel.com
It was a safe ride, no problems other than a bumpy ride! And the driver was so informative, telling us about the villages and landscape, best way to go!!
cle90

Return to Africa and Middle East