Egypt trips-recommendations for solo female 23!!

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Egypt trips-recommendations for solo female 23!!

Postby chasters » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:28 am

Hi,
I am a 23yr old female and I am thinking of doing one of the Egypt trips later this year. I have always wanted to see Egypt and think this may be the way for me to do it and see many of the sights which you may not normally see on your typical package holiday!
I have previously been to Marrakesh and felt relatively safe there, but I am aware of the hassle young single women often experience when in such countries.

Can anyone give me any advice on the trips? If you think they are suitable for a solo female traveller etc?

Many thanks in advance

Ria
chasters
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Egypt trips-recommendations for solo female 23!!

Postby onyx007 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:39 am

It doesn't really matter if you're a solo female traveller.
As long as you take one of the "G-Adventure-Tours" and don't wander off by yourself then
every trip is ok. You get more hassle by people who like to sell you something then anything else.

It depends who long you like to stay. If two weeks are alright you should choose one
of the two trips which includes Cairo, Luxor, Nile Cruise, Aswan, Mt.Sinai and Dahab (on the red sea)
onyx007
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Re: Egypt trips-recommendations for solo female 23!!

Postby leahlovestravel » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:34 am

You will see many places on here where it says if you are traveling with G you aren't really alone. It is very true. I did Egypt and Jordan Nov 2010 on my own and although I am not your age I felt very safe and never hassled. There were four young women in their 20's in our group and I didn't see or hear of them getting hassled either.
By the way the Egypt and Jordan trip was AMAZING! if you have the time for a 17 day tour. Truely I think you will enjoy which ever one you choose.
If there is a must see while you are in Egypt other than the pyramids, it would be Abu Simbel...stunning
And a huge kudos to you for starting your solo traveling at your age. I really wish I was smart enough to do that when I was 23.
Have an awesome time when you go. You will love it :)
If it does not bring you joy, why are you doing it?

leahlovestravel
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Return to Africa and Middle East