Egypt - G Adventures or Intrepid?

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Egypt - G Adventures or Intrepid?

Postby worldtravelguy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with either tour operators with Egypt? I'm debating on who to choose and which trip to choose, as I want an enjoyable and amazing experience in Egypt later this year.

I did Thailand with G Adventures last year and it was great. But not sure if I'd get the same quality for Egypt (based on various people's experience I've read).

Have you ever done an Egypt trip with G Adventures or Intrepid or know someone that has? I'd love to hear your feedback. :)

Also, Israel Explorer :)
worldtravelguy
User Rank: Adventurer

Re: Egypt - G Adventures or Intrepid?

Postby onyx007 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:05 am

I haven't travelled with one of this two in Egypt, but I travelled with both in South America.
(Intrepid through Argentina-Brazil and G Adventures through Mexico), and both are very similar in
quality.

When I go on a journey I compare the two and I look on the following things:

- itenary (especially the things I like to see the most)
- what's included
- lenght and dates
- price

The one with the better offer I'll choose. On my next trip I looked into Intrepid until I've seen that G Adventures gave 25 % Discount at booking before August 31, so I switched and I'll now even see more
for a cheaper price then I would have with Intrepid.
onyx007
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby Zuleika » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:30 pm

I have travelled with both. (as well as other similar adventure companies)
Both provide a similar experience.
Both are excellent, well organised and provide a great experience.
I decide where I want to go and what I want to do and then pick the tour company that most closely provides this. Price is not necessarily the deciding factor for me.
However, I do find Intrepid more expensive than G.

Finally, I think that different peoples experiences on these tours will vary for any number of reasons, and often this is not necessarily due to the tour company.
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby worldtravelguy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:56 am

Zuleika wrote:I have travelled with both. (as well as other similar adventure companies)
Both provide a similar experience.
Both are excellent, well organised and provide a great experience.
I decide where I want to go and what I want to do and then pick the tour company that most closely provides this. Price is not necessarily the deciding factor for me.
However, I do find Intrepid more expensive than G.

Finally, I think that different peoples experiences on these tours will vary for any number of reasons, and often this is not necessarily due to the tour company.

I agree with you it's not always related to the tour company itself... but often they do offer different itineraries and experience. Did you go to Egypt with either company? I was just asking for people's feedback on their experience with either (or both) companies in Egypt.

Also, Israel Explorer :)
worldtravelguy

Postby IncaTrail50 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:45 am

Just to add to the confusion, I went to Egypt with Gecko's and was really happy with their trip. I agree with the others who posted that what matters most to me is usually the itinerary, but then the departure dates. My husband and I often add an organized tour onto a business trip of his if possible so dates are way up there in importance for us. I always choose G Adventures first if given a choice, but if not the other companies offer a similar experience.
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Postby leahlovestravel » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:54 am

My first experience with G adventures was Egypt and Jordan in Nov 2010. I loved it! I haven't tried the other company you are asking about but am pleased enough with the experience with G that I am planning my next trip with them.
I found the trip was pretty true to the description...plus some! The CEO's in each country were terrific too. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this trip to anyone.
Hope you have a great trip :)
If it does not bring you joy, why are you doing it?

leahlovestravel
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Return to Africa and Middle East