Jacket for Uganda

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Jacket for Uganda

Postby rrjz » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi
I just bought a jacket for my trip to Uganda in January. When I got home I realized the jacket I bought is only water resistant. On the list of things to take it says it should be waterproof. Will this jacket be ok or should I be returning it for a waterproof jacket? I am only in Uganda for a few days. I am not too worried about the rest of the trip, this jacket should be fine. I am just concerned about it not being fully waterproof.

Sorry if this has already been covered in another posting. I searched but couldn't find anything on it.

Any help would be great!
Thanks
Ryan

rrjz
User Rank: Adventurer

Re: Jacket for Uganda

Postby tletter » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:01 pm

rrjz wrote:... the jacket I bought is only water resistant. ... Will this jacket be ok or should I be returning it for a waterproof jacket?

I assume that both jackets are raincoats since that is what you need.

The difference between "water resistant" vs. "waterproof" is often a semantic one since both refer to penetration of liquid water. You'll have to read the garment labels to see if there is a meaningful difference between the jackets. Be aware that a waterproof coat that does not breathe is very uncomfortable to wear if you are active as it's like wearing a plastic bag.

Thomas
http://travelogues.x10hosting.com/
tletter
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Re: Jacket for Uganda

Postby rrjz » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:41 pm

Thanks Thomas for the advice. The one I got is definitely breathable but now I am wondering if it will be too warm. I have a feeling I will be second guessing alot of things before I leave.
Thanks again for the advice.
Ryan
rrjz

Return to Africa and Middle East