Multi or single entry visa for Kenya?

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Multi or single entry visa for Kenya?

Postby cdibdin » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:51 am

Hi there,
Im an Aussie doing the Ultimate Africa tour in March and the tour arrives in Kenya for a few days from tanzania then goes through to Uganda for a bit then arrives back in Kenya. I know you can get transit visas if you're there for 24 hours however I am going to be staying the night in Nairobi then flying out the next morning. Help! I don't understand the info on the web just need a simple answer! Am planning to get visas before the tour also. Thanks anyone who can assist!!
cdibdin
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Multi or single entry visa for Kenya?

Postby tletter » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:47 am

cdibdin wrote:I don't understand the info on the web just need a simple answer!

A place to start is the "Kenya and Tanzania Overland" thread on this forum.
tletter
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Re: Multi or single entry visa for Kenya?

Postby AdamfromCanada » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:57 am

cdibdin wrote:Hi there,
Im an Aussie doing the Ultimate Africa tour in March and the tour arrives in Kenya for a few days from tanzania then goes through to Uganda for a bit then arrives back in Kenya. I know you can get transit visas if you're there for 24 hours however I am going to be staying the night in Nairobi then flying out the next morning. Help! I don't understand the info on the web just need a simple answer! Am planning to get visas before the tour also. Thanks anyone who can assist!!

Just get a single entry visa. Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda have an agreement that you can re-enter from the other two countries without it counting. That said, I'd check to make sure that's still the case before you leave, but you should be fine with that.

Having been to East Africa twice, I would recommend just getting the visas when you get there. I spent a lot of extra money getting the visas before I went to Kenya & Tanzania the first time, going through a visa company here in Canada, and then was surprised at just how easy the process was when I got there. The second time I went, I got the Kenyan visa at the airport and the Tanzanian one at the border and it added next to no time at all to getting through customs.
Feel free to check out my travels on http://www.adammallonphotography.com
AdamfromCanada
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Return to Africa and Middle East