Gorilla Encounter

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Gorilla Encounter

Postby DanielBMe » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:28 pm

This is quite incredible. This video was shot in Bwindi during a Gorilla Trek. It doesn't get really interesting until the 2min mark. I definitely have to go now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg2hCuDy ... r_embedded
DanielBMe
User Rank: Elite Explorer

Re: Gorilla Encounter

Postby bushkid » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:22 pm

Hey Daniel,

What an amazing encounter. Can you imagine such a memorable and life-changing experience?

Now we have to do the same with ellies for you next year!
bushkid
User Rank: Nomad

Postby darlinggirl » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:30 pm

That is absolutely breathtaking!

I head out for my own gorilla adventure (DKKU) in 3.5 weeks...this video has made me even more excited!! If that was at all possible.
darlinggirl
User Rank: Traveller

Postby lesliew » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:41 pm

Wow, that's amazing! Though I don't know, if I was in the same position as the guy in the black shirt, I think I'd be a little scared....especially not knowing what the big gorilla was doing behind me.

lesliew

Postby DanielBMe » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:32 pm

I suspect his underwear wasn't very clean afterwards lol

I'm shocked! Shocked! To see Bushkid here lol. I was actually planning on hiding some Marula in your tent BK so I can get some good photos!
DanielBMe

Postby zebracruiser » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:35 am

Breathtaking! Adding Uganda to the list...
zebracruiser

Postby bushkid » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Lol Daniel!

You seem to forgotten your original comments when we first "met" in virtual reality. Some parallels maybe??? LOL!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11115&p=46913&hilit=jimshu#p46913

Now we have to create another reality! :D And don't forget the peppermint liqueur for "springbokkies" to lure some other creatures into my tent.

You in, zebracruiser?
bushkid

Postby zebracruiser » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:19 pm

lol- uh...in WHERE?...Africa? Absolutely!
zebracruiser

Postby DanielBMe » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:15 pm

ZC, we are doing a 15 day 4x4 self drive thru Botswana in July. Feel free to join us! Russell has guaranteed us viewings of cheetah, lions, leopards, ellies, wild dogs, Bucks of all kind, advarks, lemmings, just to name a few, and even a silverback Gorilla (I think he's getting it shipped in) ;-)
:lol:

Wow! I don't even remember that conversation BK. Just goes to show you, what's on the internet is there forever!

WHo would have guessed Peppermint Schnapps is wildlife perfume...I think it's just a clever ruse so you can get some free alcohol lol
DanielBMe

Postby zebracruiser » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:14 pm

Thanks, DBM, glad you're finally going to experience Botswana Bushkid-style! I think I kind of already invited myself (-: - just waiting to see if it is viable... The guaranteed sitings just upped the ante (I'm still waiting for wild dogs and a proper leopard....) PS how does the wildlife feel about a cold beer??
zebracruiser

Postby shooker » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:46 pm

This has to be one of the craziest things I have ever seen, what a lucky guy. This clip made me sure of one thing, whatever Africa trip I do this summer, it involves a Gorilla trek.
shooker
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby DanielBMe » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:18 am

Hey, is this the same Zebra from Trip Advisor? lol
DanielBMe

Postby zebracruiser » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:20 am

One and the same. Seems my reputation precedes me. :lol:
zebracruiser

Postby bushkid » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Lol! Will you two stop chattering behind my back! And zebracruiser ... please don't go go creating unrealistic expectations for DanielBMe! He might just start expecting miracles (like the said gorilla encounter). Just because you got all the good stuff! I still have have shiver lines down my back from the geese installing those bumps. All I can offer is a stroke or two from an ellie, or a light lion tap! Will have to keep the pup in dog harness

Can't wait for that July trip; have withdrawal symptoms already and it's only been 3 months since I was up there. We got THE ultimate combo of sites. Threatening to be the best trip we've ever done.

Lol, zebracruizer ... it looks like my next quest might just be the zebra migration at the end of wet season (March?). I've been made to sign a code of conduct that guarantees 200,000 zebra at one sighting! :lol: OMW! The penalty for incorrectly differentiating males/females by physical inspecting their accoutrements (?) (which requires a very adroit inspection of the relevant anotonomical area), may result in much hilarity. (It consistists of pulling a single nose hair for each miss-indentification. Sholuld we tire of the game, we sometims string some guys in pairs in a back to front conbinatiomn, tie each couple to the next couple at 10m intervals, wrap them in zebraskin, and drop them 10 kms away in lion country, promising to return in 6 hours Unfortunate our truck broke down every time, so we could only rescue them at 10.00 at night. Somehow our groups were very well disciplined.

However, we never managed to produce a silverback. If we can't find one, Daniel will make me drive to Uganda to find him, and make me pluck his eyebrows.

Have you signed your idenmity form yet! About partial loss of arms legs, etc.?????
Last edited by bushkid on Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bushkid

Postby zebracruiser » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:42 pm

OK Bushkid. You're on for Uganda. I have no problem with you taking us there should you not produce a gorilla in Bots. And be careful with my zebras, please... Don't think it's quite fair to see a zebra migration without me but that's what I get for being a (broke) American.
zebracruiser

Next

Return to Africa and Middle East