Kilimanjaro March 13th 2012 -Female travellers..

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Kilimanjaro March 13th 2012 -Female travellers..

Postby elephant » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:57 am

Hi
I am booked to climb Kilimanjaro using the Marangu route and was wondering if there are any other females going who will travel alone? Any advice will be appreciated....
elephant
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Kilimanjaro March 13th 2012 -Female travellers..

Postby KarenInNYC » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi Girl!
Good for you. I trekked Marangu in Sept for my 30th by myself (although I certainly wasn't 'by myself' with 9 other awesome people). Is this your first GAP trip? I'd be happy to send you my packing list if you'd like. Not sure how to attach in this forum but if you can tell me how to contact you I'll send it over. It's an excel spreadsheet.
If you have specific questions I'd be more than happy to answer. Safe travels!
~Karen
KarenInNYC
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Kilimanjaro March 13th 2012 -Female travellers..

Postby mytwoleftfeet » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:24 am

Congratulations on your forthcoming trip! I travelled solo for my Kili climb, the only female in a climb group of 6 with porter crew of 27 (it sure takes a village to climb Kili).

Bonus of the being the only female - - - I got my own tent without paying for a single supplement (we camped for 8 nights), I usually was given a preference of where to set up my tent, so I chose the best views (the boys snored loudly in the quiet of the night, lol!) and felt like a queen in a sea of men.

All good things!

Emma
"The funny thing about the rat race is even if you win, you are still a rat" - - - read this somewhere. :0)
mytwoleftfeet
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Return to Africa and Middle East