Kilimanjaro trek- Rongai Route

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Kilimanjaro trek- Rongai Route

Postby familytraveller » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:41 pm

If you have done this trip, how was the food quality and quantity?
I have one adult son who needs a large amount of food, is there sufficient food provided?
Were the guides helpful, knowledgeable and accomodating?
familytraveller
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Kilimanjaro trek- Rongai Route

Postby francine_16 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:55 pm

I did not do this route, but I did climb Killi with G adventures. There was plenty of food. The porters were watching our food intake at all meals to ensure you had enough. One meal a couple of us were talking about how happy we were because we thought we had such great appetities still after climbing for a couple days and the head guide came by and said we had not eaten enough and he told us we need more that was already after having seconds. If it were not for the amazing guides we had the six of us in or group probably would not have made it to the top. They were always making sure people ate and had enough water. When people were struggling they helped them out. We saw people travelling with other companies who said we were also lucky because they saw our guides talk to us about medical supplies they had and the company they were using did nothing for them.
francine_16
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Return to Africa and Middle East