Do you think it is a good idea to travel with friends, or al

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Do you think it is a good idea to travel with friends, or al

Postby lewishjohn » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:21 am

Do you think it is a good idea to travel with friends, or alone? How about with your family?
anybody reply the best messages fro this...
lewishjohn
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Do you think it is a good idea to travel with friends, or al

Postby Zuleika » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:36 pm

I usually prefer to go by myself.
Then I can please myself where I go, there are no family rows, no compromises with friends who may want to do a different itintery to me. I can do exactly what i want when I want and also I put myself out there making the effort to meet new people. Being with a mate makes me somewhat lazy and less inclined to make this effort - an easier, but not necessarily a better experience!
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby darlinggirl » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:33 am

I much prefer to travel alone. I'm a very particular traveller (light packer, off the beaten path, don't slow me down in the security line at the airport) so it's better for my sanity to be solo.
Being part of a happily married couple initially my husband didn't 'get' the need for solo travel but after a couple years he totally understands and is a lot more supportive...all our family doesn't get it but who cares!
And I love my friends dearly, but not enough to bring them along.
darlinggirl
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby leahlovestravel » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:23 am

I don't know that I necessarily prefer solo but I so enjoy it and for the reasons the other folks have posted already. I do find that it is easier to take the trips I want to go on the most by going solo. When I was younger I lost out on a lot of travel opportunities because I couldn't find anyone to travel with...they couldn't afford it, wrong time of year, not the places others were interested in, etc....
Finally I took the leap to do the solo and haven't looked back. My philosophy now is to plan the trip that most makes me happy. If there is someone who wants to go, they are welcome, but I go regardless....
It's a big wide world out there and I can't wait to see it all! My only trouble now is how to pick from so many choices :D
If it does not bring you joy, why are you doing it?

leahlovestravel
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Return to Africa and Middle East