Independent Travel in Kenya - May

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Independent Travel in Kenya - May

Postby AdamfromCanada » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Well, as part of a bigger trip, we're scheduled to be in Kenya during the month of May. I understand that this is the end of the rainy season, but having been in August and January, I'm looking forward to seeing the difference.

That said, I'm curious about people's experiences at that time of year, and also about Amboseli. I've been to Maasai Mara previously, and it remains an option, but I've never been to Amboseli, and have heard it is a photographer's dream. Amateur wildlife photography being a big interest of mine (see the link in my signature!), the idea of framing Kilimanjaro behind photos of elephants and giraffes sounds pretty good. We've tentatively been looking at G Adventures individual tour to Amboseli to pass a few of our days.

Anyhow, if you've been to Amboseli, I'm curious as to how it stacks up to Maasai Mara and the other reserves. Thank you again for any input!
Feel free to check out my travels on http://www.adammallonphotography.com
AdamfromCanada
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Return to Africa and Middle East