Livingstone to Johannesburg Help? Yellow Fever Information??

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Livingstone to Johannesburg Help? Yellow Fever Information??

Postby kimberly1107 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:01 am

My husband and I are travelling for the first time on a Gap Trip and we need some help tips from fellow travellers, We leave November 20th for the Zambia Community Work & Safari
We are confused we were told by our Doctors office we didn’t need our Yellow Fever Shot?
What is the weather like in Nov-Dec should we be prepared for long periods of rain?
Does it get cool at night for sleeping? We are camping and need to bring sleeping bags
What is the best bag to pack with?
kimberly1107
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Livingstone to Johannesburg Help? Yellow Fever Information??

Postby megde34 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Hi Kimberly,

What what I have read in the recently updated trip dossier for the trip I am taking in early Dec (Dunes Delta Falls) you do need a Yellow Fever Certificate, my doctor (i'm from Australia) also advised me of the recent changes in law:

SOUTH Africa is to enforce new rules requiring proof of Yellow Fever vaccination for all travelers - even in airport transit - who have been in Zambia or other countries where the disease is endemic. The stricter guidelines, effective 01 Oct 2011, will see pax without an international Yellow Fever certificate refused entry.

Hope that helps!
Megan
megde34
User Rank: Weekender

Postby kimberly1107 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:56 am

Hi Megan,

Thanks for the reply, we actually just got back from the doctors this morning and had the shot done!! Have you traveled to Africa before?
kimberly1107

Postby megde34 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:59 pm

Oh i'm glad you had it done quick an easy. Im sure it will pay off once you are there!

I haven't been to Africa, though I go on my first tour of it in:

18 days, 21 hours, 19 minutes, 7 seconds
until Wednesday, 30 November 2011 at 10:15:00 AM

... pretty excited :)
megde34

Postby kimberly1107 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 pm

Haha, I know I'm so excited too I cant wait its my first time to Africa too!! We leave from toronto, Canada on Nov 18th we have to days of travel! our tour starts on Nov 20th, I just wish we had more help or could talk to someone who has been on the trip before I have so many questions..and want to make sure I pack everything we need!!
kimberly1107

Postby megde34 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:28 am

I felt the same about wanting to talk to someone about it... but I did a search of this forum using the trip I am going on as the keyword and relating words and there is pretty much a forum post for every question you have! e.g. what to pack, what time of year, what power adaptors, what currency to take, how good the matresses are... everything. I feel really prepared to go on the trip because of all I have read on here. Good luck and I hope you have the best time, look forward to sharing some photos once we are back! :)
megde34

Return to Africa and Middle East