Southern Africa Wildlife Express

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Southern Africa Wildlife Express

Postby joancollins69 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Hello
considering this tour after a few days at Vic Fall on my own.
Comments welcome by those who've been
my main question is the Kruger park component is two days, is this sufficent? I was thinking of doing a seperate Kruger park tour when i intitally fly into Jo'burg for four days. Given the GAP tour takes me there later should I look at another tour from J'burg?
many thanks
joancollins69
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Southern Africa Wildlife Express

Postby tletter » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:23 pm

joancollins69 wrote:my main question is the Kruger park component is two days, is this sufficent?

Given the itinerary of your trip, that's all that is possible. Whether it is sufficient, depends on what you want to do and see. We spent 2 weeks in Kruger this summer and did not find it sufficient as Kruger is large.

joancollins69 wrote:I was thinking of doing a seperate Kruger park tour when i intitally fly into Jo'burg for four days

'Twere me, I'd investigate renting a car and doing a self-drive trip to Kruger during those days (it's about a 6-7 hour drive on the toll road). You can book accommodation in Kruger NP.

Thomas
http://travelogues.x10hosting.com/
tletter
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Return to Africa and Middle East