Visas

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Visas

Postby clairew85 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:20 am

I am travelling on an Australian passport doing the Jo'burg to Nairobi tour followed by the best of Eygpt. I will be travelling through South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya and Egypt. Do I need to get any of my visas in advance or can I get them at borders.
Cheers :D
clairew85
User Rank: Adventurer

Re: Visas

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:19 am

Claire --

Can't speak for Egypt but the Aussies (and Canucks and Kiwis and Americans and Irish ...) on my Nairobi-Jo'burg trip 2 years ago did just fine getting our visas at the border.
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby schafer10 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:27 am

Yeah, I'm doing Ultimate Africa in November. My travel agent and my research corroborates what ExplorerWannaBe said.

Us Aussies can get all our visas on the border. Which is awesome and saves alot of hassle.

Tom.
schafer10
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby clairew85 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:47 am

Cheers for the info guide, makes things so much easier. (And I havnt been to South Africa as my signiture says, I was meant to be going and had to cancel due to an injury so now planning again - any tips how to change this as I did it months ago and cant remember :D )
clairew85

Postby TravelFun » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:32 pm

clairew85 wrote:Cheers for the info guide, makes things so much easier. (And I havnt been to South Africa as my signiture says, I was meant to be going and had to cancel due to an injury so now planning again - any tips how to change this as I did it months ago and cant remember :D )

You have to change your signature: go to the User Control Panel, select the Profile tab, click the Edit Signature link and then you can change it here.

...and here's the ticker link: http://www.gapadventures.com/widgets/ticker/

Happy Travels!
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Postby stephb » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:30 pm

Anyone know if this is still the case for Canadians? I have heard it both ways and certainly would not want to chance it, but there seems to be a lot of hassle to getting them before. Wanting to know the address of the hotels, entry/exit dates etc, which is fine and good but some of that I just don't know as I am doing a tour or just winging it after the tour. If getting them at the borders is an option for a Canadian, how much hassle is it? Doing it beforehand you need extra passport photos and applications, do you need them at the borders too?
Thanks!
stephb
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby ballu » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:02 am

I have a Canadian passport and there were no problems getting a visa for Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi and Zambia at border crossings/airports in Spring 2009. At the time they were $50USD each...I've heard the Kenya one may have dropped in price.
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Return to Africa and Middle East