Back from Egypt and Jordan

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Re: Back from Egypt and Jordan

Postby dapahn » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:47 am

Hi Steve
What an interesting blog this has turned out to be...well done and thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions so well. I'm thinking of doing this trip with G Adventures from 10th June. My main question is the demographics of the trip - what age people were, male or female, where they came from etc etc. It's always a risk with these types of trips and the people you are spending 17 days with becomes pretty important!
Thanks, Penny
dapahn
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby leahlovestravel » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi Penny
I know your question was to Steve but I can share my experience if you like.
We had a full group of 15 when I went a year ago. I'm sure every group will be different but here's our mix. Ages ranged from 21 to 68! From all over the world...Canada, US, Australia, Ireland, Australia, Malaysia and Singapore. There were a two couples, 2 sets of friends, and the rest were solo travelers. There were four men and 11 women, lucky guys :lol:
Everyone got along fantastically!
And I know you will love this trip. It was amazing!
Personally I was surprised at how much I loved Jordan. I would definitely go back. I get excited for anyone going :D
Leah
If it does not bring you joy, why are you doing it?

leahlovestravel
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Postby glitter_gurl369 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:02 am

Hi Steve,

My husband and I are looking into taking the egypt/jordan tour in oct. I just want your thoughts in if you think the tour is worth the price 2199 per person??? Would you recommended flying into Cairo a day early to see extra sites? Did you feel like the tour let you see alot sites with time to enjoy?

I have done a gap tour before back in 2009 to peru but I have noticed over the years gap is getting more pricey and not so much in travel budgets anymore.

Also I very concerned about what to wear for a lady. I recently traveled to Fiji with my husband who is muslim and had to wear the traditional clothing to meet family but it was soooooo hot, I was soo uncomfortable. I'm just to sure what to wear, I want another fiji trip and I want to feel comfy in my cloths and still try to look decent but I don't want to offend anyone aswell.

Thank you.
glitter_gurl369

Postby jessilb » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi Steve, thanx for your offer of advise on this trip. I am going on the Egypt/Jordan trip with my mum the last 2 weeks of March with the temple Abu Simpel add on. We have two extra day in Egypt in the start and 2 in Jordan at the end and was wondering if you had recommendations. We are both seasoned travelers, I have lived in Africa before, but this will be both of our first time to the Middle East. Thank you in advance for any insight.
Kind regards,
Jessi
jessilb

Previous

Return to Africa and Middle East