new gremlin

Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

new gremlin

Postby mogwai » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:14 pm

Hi,

I'm David, i'm probably 37 yrs old or so but i havent checked lately :) I live in Paris, France.

Yeah I love to travel, probably because my first job gave me this kind of opportunity in the 90s. Now i mostly like travelling for holidays, not work ;)

Starting on July 1st this year, i'm taking a 9 months break, i'll quit my job for 9 months for a sabbatical period of time, and I'm going to .. travel :)

I'm going to kenya+tanzania in july, hong kong in august, india in september, galapagos (GAP) in october, antarctica (GAP) in november.

And what about december? I have no idea :)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Mogwai
http://mogwai.lunarpages.com/photography
mogwai
User Rank: Traveller

Postby Dawna » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:20 pm

Sounds amazing!! I am doing something similar and taking 7 months off work to do south america, arizona and thailand. South america and Thailand I am doing with G.A.P. Are you doing your travells with G.A.P. as well? Have tons of fun!!

Dawna
Dawna
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby mogwai » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:59 am

When is your 7 months leave starting?

Wow roaming for such a long time in south america (48 days with a backpack? wow), i hope you speak spanish! I dont know the details of the your geat south american journey, but it reminds me of peru and bolivia i visited (short trip) last year, and you know what? They're two of the most beautiful places on earth (see http://mogwai.lunarpages.com/photography/gallery.html). If you speak french my blog is at http://mogwai.blogspirit.com

I'm happy i'm getting in touch with you Dawna, i thought i was the only "abnormal" guy leaving his job and not caring about "the company" :) Or not caring about the eXceL spreadsheet or end of year bonus anymore. You know what i wanna see penguins and turtles not excel spreasheets with some top manager explaining how terrrific the last quarter was :)

I'm travelling to antartica and galapagos with GAP, otherwise i've either booked flights and hotels, or flights, or a family trip (due to the weight of my photography gear, no way i do backpacking lol) or a guided tour. whatever takes me there :)

I usually find one single reason to visit a country. I went to south korea to shoot a picture of a north korean guard, i went there and shot the pic below.

Image.

Not always very original ideas, India for example (i'll be heading there in sept) i wanna see the Taj Mahal :)

Thailand is amazing, tell me you'll meet with tribes!! Simply unforgettable :)

Have fun in with your trips, you'll see so many things, and meet what matters in the countryside : human beings :)

----------------
Mogwai
mogwai

Return to New Members